Production area must conform to the following demands in order to house an EPS production line:
- Ceiling height not less than 4,5 m.
The desirable height is 6 m. Ceiling shape also matters (flat, arched, with metalware, etc)
- The area shall equal to not less than 150 m2 without the warehouse.
We recommend that the warehouse area where finished sheets and block can be stored be not less than 100 m2 (depending on the total daily output and the number of shifts you choose). The warehouse can be located either within the production area itself or at another premise or outside under a tent depending on the existing weather conditions.
The area necessary for the warehouse is 10-20 m2. Storage temperature conditions shall be within the range of 10-20 oC
Production area example, space = 270 m2
- Power network connection (external networks and internal wiring)
Total equipment capacity should be taken into consideration when connecting the line to power networks.
Total equipment capacity for a 40m3/shift line — 23,5 kW + additional capacity for steam generation;
for 60 m3 and 80 m3/shift line — 24,6 kW + additional capacity for steam generation.
If an electric steam generator is used total equipment capacity will be:
- 40 m3/shift line — N=23,5+160=183,5 kW (with a KEP-160 steam generator; 160 kW)
- 60 m3/shift line — N=24,6+200=224,6 kW (with a KEP-200 steam generator; 200 kW)
- 80 m3/shift line — N=24,6+250=274,6 kW (with a KEP-250 steam generator; 250 kW)
The actual power consumption of the line is significantly lower than the estimated total value as steam generator works for the most part to 75% of its capacity whereas all the line constituents never function simultaneously.
- Water consumption
including the amount of water used to generate steam is 0,2…0,25 m3/h depending on the line output you choose.
It is possible to use secondary steam to heat the room. In this case steam is forwarded to the register inclined so that it could divert condensation.
The volume of condensation for a 40m3/shift production line is approximately 100 kg/hour, for 60m3/80m3/shift lines is around 130 kg/hour.
- Drainage is required. The draining pipe with a diameter not less than 110 mm must be connected to the collecting system or be drawn outside of the premises.
The production is accompanied by the emission of vapor that is why exhaust ventilation must be installed above the blockmould and the sheet cutter (as the smoke is emitted while the block is being cut with hotwire).
We also recommend installing a floor-level exhaust ventilation and a forced ventilation above the ceilings in the areas where raw material is stored and near the silo bunkers to avoid the accumulation of pentane in the air. This is required because PENTANE, the blowing agent, is heavier than the air and can yield a deposit on the floor level.